Yank Far East Magazine for the week of July 6, 1945, Vol 2 No. 49 - a World War II printed magazine for the troops and families stationed on the Pacific Theatre. Cover features a man standing overtop a series of rockets. Articles include :
- The 1st Division - From Fort Devens to Germany "The Red One"
- The War for Oil
- Air School
-3 Combat stories - Air Support, Cruise of the Aurora, and One Day's Work,
- A Bad Night - "Four men in an Okinawa foxhole wait fo the dawn, uncertain of anything but the Japs' nearness and their own fears"
- Variety Show - photographs from around the globe
- Mail Call - letters to the editors
- People on the Home front - featuring Edward R. Stettinius Jr.
- Cartoon "Service with a Smile" and Q&A section 'What's Your Problem?"
- The Bridgeport Plan
- Yank Pin up Girl - Gene Tierney
- Navy Notes
-Sergeant in Paris
-Photographs of a Cockfight in the Phillipines
-Back cover is Yank Far East Sgt. submitted comics
This magazine is an inside look into 1940s army, navy, and air force thoughts and sentiments toward WWII, and do not represent the thoughts or feelings of myself.
Yank Far East - July 6, 1945
No refunds or returns accepted.
This item is vintage or an antique, and has wear commensurate with age. All items are sold as-is, and as such, I do not accept returns or offer refunds. Please see all photos, read the entire description, and ask any questions before purchasing.